Monday, May 30, 2011

Pattern Test

I love when I get the opportunity to pattern test. It forces me to make things for my own daughter, and with a time line (I have lots of projects started for her, but not many get finished).

This pattern was the Reversible Skirt by Seamingly Smitten Patterns.

Here is a few photos of Paisley in the finished product. I love that it's reversible (great for spills when out) and I love the wave detail on the bottom:

JDS_7166

JDS_7167

JDS_7170

JDS_7172

JDS_7173

I was amazed that I even found 3 coordinating prints in my stash... I'm notorious for only buying things that don't go together.. and end up having trouble finding prints that go together when I need to.

Love the skirt! It's super cute, lots of growing room, and works up easily and quickly! The pattern is well written, and easy to follow, even if you were a newbie to sewing.

Paisley is smitten with her new skirt, she wore it all day the day after I made it. She keeps asking if its clean yet (I'm behind on laundry right now).

Such a cute pattern. I know I'll be making several more of these for my girls over the coming years!

You can buy this and other Seamingly Smitten patterns in her Etsy shop Seamingly Smitten Etsy as well as on You Can Make This (this pattern isn't up on YCMT yet, but her other patterns are).




5 comments:

  1. Beautiful reversible skirt and gorgeous model. Wishing you lots of sales.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea!
    I would love for you to share this at our Monday Playdate link up: http://beneaththerowantree.blogspot.com/2011/05/playdate-link-party-everyone-welcome.html

    Cheers,
    Lori
    http://beneaththerowantree.com
    COme & Play :: Playdate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute skirt, but not as cute as the model! My little girl would love this as well, I'm going to have to try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paisley is precious in it! Thanks for being a tester for me!
    Jenny
    www.seaminglysmitten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable skirt and girl, too.

    ReplyDelete