Sunday, May 1, 2011

April's Project of the Month

Completed:

JDS_6964

JDS_6974

This is the Kyoko dress by ModKid

I made a size 4 for Paisley, since she's in a small size 3 now... and she'll get more wear out of it then. If you take the sash off though, I think it will actually fit her til she's like 10 years old as a top... it's pretty wide through the bodice. It's gathers up nicely beneath the obi (sash)... so making a bigger size is great!

I completed it last week in time for her to wear it for Good Friday. She wore it to the wedding rehearsal that evening and out for dinner (unfortunately it was Chinese food, not Japanese).

The pattern was easy to follow, and is so adorable on! I let Paisley choose between the shirt vs dress option, and the long sleeve versus long sleeves (all are options). Normally the part below the sash would be panelled with different fabrics, but since I've had this teapot fabric for so long, I didn't have any coordinating prints to put with it, so I just did 2 panels of the same fabric, and removed the seam allowance for all the extra panels. Super cute, and she loves it :) But she wants chopsticks in her hair! She needs a little more hair first ;).

 If I get time over the summer, I'm thinking I'll make a limited few of these for the shop... so if you have any colour/fabric or size requests... let me know :)

Will be posting my preview for May's project this evening... haven't decided what it will be yet!

Check this out.... Kyoko is now released for tweens and adults! : http://modkidboutique.blogspot.com/2011/04/introducing.html

7 comments:

  1. So cute, both the dress and the model.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that is BEAUTIFUL! Does it come in my size? ;-) Too cute, and your daughter is precious!

    Rachel @ Maybe Matilda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh so cute. I totally love the dress and the little model is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just reading the ModKid blog.... this pattern is now available in tween and adult sizes now! :)

    Thank you all for the compliments... I love this dress (and the model, of course ;))

    ReplyDelete