Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Feeling Gnomey

I was feeling inspired the other night, and whipped up this gnome hat for my daughter. She woke up while I was making it, so I got to try it on her, and she was excited about it. She loved it. I told her I was going to put white polka dots on it, and she very strongly said she didn't want WHITE polka dots.... she wanted RED polka dots. After trying to explain that red polka dots on a red hat wouldn't work, I tucked her back in bed, and went back to add polka dots.

This morning I tried it on her, and she was NOT happy that I had put white polka dots on it. I had hoped she had forgotten. She declared she didn't like the hat (You just can't win with a 2 yr old). She did let me take some pictures of her in it..... but she was goofy and not holding still at all.

Anyway.. here are some pictures of the reluctant model in the hat. I think the hat is adorable. Not sure if it's one we'll list in our shop or not... undecided, but it is cute! I might increase the number of polka dots on it....

JDS_7032

JDS_7030

JDS_7028

JDS_7029

8 comments:

  1. Soo cute model... She looks more beautiful with the hat... Hope she loves it even though she didn't get the red polka on red... Thanks for sharing in We Did It! Wednesday!

    Care to visit my post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea!! And your model is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness Gracious! Adorable!

    I have a party dedicated to knitting and crochet, I'd love if you joined us this week for Fibers on Friday!

    http://plumslife.blogspot.com/2011/05/fibers-on-friday-pillow-craze.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable. And so is the little girl! Stop by and link up!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, that is too cute! And I love all the facial expressions in the pictures--what a cutie! Great work on the hat!

    Rachel @ Maybe Matilda

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO CUTE! Everything the hat, the model. Love it.

    I am a finalist in a huge room makeover giveaway. I would really appreciate it if you would take a moment and stop by and vote for me. I'm 3#. Thanks. Laura

    http://vintagerevivals.blogspot.com/2011/05/top-5-plead-their-case.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just too cute! I love it!

    I would love to have you share this at my For the Kids link party! Stop by and join in on the fun!

    http://sunscholars.blogspot.com/2011/05/for-kids-friday-9.html

    ReplyDelete