Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Finished Quilt

I love this pattern, and would definitely do it again. It worked up nicely. I did attempt my first time at machine quilting. I'd say it was successful, but with many flaws. I think with a little more practice, I could do it better. I did a few doll quilts this week to practice my quilting on before I did this quilt, and the doll quilts looked much nicer. I found it hard to manoeuvre the larger quilt, and got quite a few "beaks" in my quilting. I also encountered some bobbin issues for a small part of it.

The pattern was called "Star Log Cabin". Love it!! I just HAD to do the stars in yellow, to make them pop. I was going for a light and airy feel on the colours... I'm always drawn to greens and blues, and thought it would be the perfect combo for this quilt. I like how it turned out. It's a lap size quilt (baby size).

JDS_7180

I backed it with a blue polka dot flannel:

JDS_7185

Here is a better view of my mediocre.... poor quilting job:

JDS_7186

JDS_7182

JDS_7187

I've decided to keep the quilt. I toyed with giving it away, or selling it, but I think due to the flaws, I would rather keep it for my own kids. I would say that it was for the baby, but Paisley has already tried to stake a claim on it. So I think it will be a shared household quilt.

Once I put binding on the doll quilts, I'll post those.... but that may be a while... have so many things on my to do list.

7 comments:

  1. I think your quilt is very pretty and it doesn't look like a poor job to me! Love the design and the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Love the colors. = )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! whatdaya mean poor job?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful! I don't see you flaws. Plus flaws make a quilt unique and not a manufactured look. :) Following you from We Did It Wednesday. Hope you can visit me sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful. I love quilting and haven;t sone one in a while but this looks like excellent work--you Finished it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have made a beautiful quilt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome quilt! I think you will have to give your Mom lessons on machine quilting. Love it!

    ReplyDelete