Friday, May 18, 2012

Crochet Flower Pattern

I needed a flower for a hat I made for a special little girl... so while at the coffee shop yesterday, I made up this one. Thought I'd share, as I really like how it turned out.


Daffodilly Crochet Flower



P1030763

Using my H (5.00) hook and worsted weight yarn:

Create magic loop

Round 1: 10 hdc's in magic loop, join to 1st hdc with sl st

Round 2: *ch3, sl st in next 2 hdc* repeat * to * 4 more times (makes 5 ch3's)

Round 3: sl st into first ch 3 sp, in same ch 3 space do the following: *sc, hdc, dc, trc, ch 3, sl st into 3rd chain from hook (creating point), trc, dc, hdc, sc*, repeat in the next and each ch3 space (creates 5 flower petals)

Working in front of the petals:
Round 4: in front of petals, *sc around cluster of stitches (post), ch 2*, repeat around circle, finish with sl st into sc around first post.

P1030767

P1030768

P1030769

P1030770

Round 5: Ch 1, sc in each stitch around. Fasten off, sew in ends, attach to hat, clip, or anything you need a flower for, shape inner circle to make it look tidier.

Finished size is 3.5 inches across.... you can make it bigger or smaller by changing the weight of yarn or hook size.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tamara, we really like your Pinterest board and we've picked it for a feature called, The 10 Best Crafty Pinboards in Craftseller magazine. Please can you email me and I will send you a pdf of the article? I'm at katrielcostello@blueyonder.co.uk
    (www.katrielcostello.co.uk)
    thank you

    ReplyDelete